$2.00 per person / Bus Drivers and 1 teacher per group of 15 are admitted free of charge. Additional chaperones and other persons will be charged $2.00 each.
**Please note: This tour is offered to any school group of 15+ children whether public, private or home-schooled; available to all groups K-12.
This guided tour takes approximately 30 minutes, and takes the group through the first two floors of the house and then into the Exhibit Gallery located in the 6000sf basement. The group has the option to visit the Museum Gift Shop. If you prefer to remove this option, please let us know when you make the reservation.
$5.00 per person / Tour Operator and 1 Bus Driver are admitted free of charge.
**Please note: This option has been specifically designed for older groups and groups with mobility issues. It is only offered to groups aged 60+.
This guided tour takes approximately 30 minutes, and takes the group through the first two floors of the house and then into the Exhibit Gallery located in the 6000sf basement. The Museum Gift Shop is also located on the basement level.
* We have alternative measures for those that cannot navigate stairs or are otherwise disabled. Please contact us ahead of time so that we may prepare an alternative as needed.
All Other Groups
$10.00 per person
This guided tour takes approximately 1 hour and takes the group through the first two floors of the house and then into the Exhibit Gallery located in the 6000sf basement. Your guide will delve into the history of the house and the Knights, and will touch upon history relating to the area and later occupants of the home.
Specialty Tours (Daylight Ghost Tour, Behind the Scenes: Then & Now, and Hunting & Maritime Heritage Tour)
$10 per person $5 per person if added on to Residence Tour
These guided tours take approximately 45 minutes.
- All Group Tour Reservations must be made no less than 48 hours in advance. Availability is on a first come first serve basis.
- Forms of Payment Accepted: company check, credit card (visa or master card), cash. Payment must be received ON or BEFORE the tour date.
- Group Tour rates are offered to groups including 15 people or more.
Please note The Whalehead Club is a historic house museum and we ask that all visitors assist us in preserving it for generations to come. Please refrain from:
- Bringing food or beverages inside the house.
- Smoking on the porches or near the house.
- Touching artifacts and other items in the house.
- Leaning on walls, doors, etc., sitting on porch railings.
- Photographing the interior.
Advance Reservations are required for all tours other than the Audio Interpretation Tour. For additional information, or to make a reservation please call: 252-453-9040 extension 226, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.